Ike Reighley House
Built ca. 1885 by Newberry attorney Lambert W. Jones, this large asymmetrical Victorian residence is a two-story weatherboarded dwelling with a front and left side ornamental wraparound porch on the lower story. Two high twin front gables extend from a rectangular block. The gables have cornice returns, narrow four-over-four single windows and a “stick”-like motif above the windows. Bracketed and turned wood posts, connected by a plain railing, detail the narrow one-over-one lights. This building, with its unusual front gable motif is the only house in Newberry to display the “stick” influence of the period. Later additions, harmonious to the original fabric, extend from the rear façade. The house was purchased in 1898 by Ike Reighley, whose descendants, at the time of nomination, still owned and occupied the house. Listed in the National Register November 26, 1980.
Historic Landmarks of South Carolina's UpstateNewberry County's Historic Register LandmarksSouth CarolinaSouth Carolina Historic HomeSouth Carolina National Historic RegisterIkeReighleyHouse