Otway Henderson House
The Henderson House is one of the oldest and most architecturally significant properties in McCormick. Constructed ca. 1889, the house is a vernacular Second Empire style cottage with a dual-pitched mansard roof. It is of frame construction and one-and-one-half stories in height. On the main (south) and east facades is a one-story porch with rectangular posts and railing. The main entrance is composed of frame and glass double doors with Eastlake design panels. The second story features a dual-pitched concave mansard roof with flared eaves. This roof contains gable roof dormers, also concaved, on each elevation with six-over-six sash windows. The interior retains its original woodwork and pressed metal ceiling in the entrance hall. The house was built by Otway Henderson, a prominent cotton farmer of the county. Henderson owned large amounts of farmland and also owned a cotton gin in McCormick. Listed in the National Register December 12, 1985.
Historic Landmarks of South Carolina's UpstateMcCormick County's Historic Register LandmarksSouth CarolinaSouth Carolina Historic HomeSouth Carolina National Historic RegisterOtwayHendersonHouse