Hampton-Pinckney Historic District
The Hampton-Pinckney Historic District is one of the oldest existing residential neighborhoods in Greenville. Architecturally it is representative of various styles and stages in Greenville’s development. The Hampton-Pinckney Historic District is recognized as Greenville’s finest remaining area of Victorian architecture. It contains a wide variety of Victorian housing styles and was the home of many prominent Greenville businessmen and local community leaders. It also contains three church structures. The district now encompasses seventy structures dating from ca. 1890 to ca. 1930, with the exception of the McBee House (ca. 1835). The architecture of the Hampton-Pinckney Historic District includes Italianate, Greek Revival, Queen Anne, various bungalows, and examples of Gothic Revival and Colonial Revival design, as well as vernacular forms. Listed in the National Register December 12, 1977; Boundary increase July 1, 1982.
Greenville County's Historic Register LandmarksHistoric Landmarks of South Carolina's UpstateSouth CarolinaSouth Carolina Historic DistrictSouth Carolina National Historic RegisterHamptonPinckneyHistoricDistrict